Cyclic Olefin Resins have incredibly high glass transition temperatures, which necessitates a thermal post-cure.
See the equipment requirements page for a list of validated post cure units.
Validated Post-Curing Processes
Vacuum Oven Post-Curing Protocol
- Internal Temperature Target: 175 °C
- Typical Set Point for Cascade Tek Ovens: 185 °C
- Minimum Vacuum Level: <2 torr
- Time: 2 hours
- (Optional) Backfilling with nitrogen or argon will widen the process window, but is not required.
- Asiga: leave the parts on the build head and bake the entire build head
- Origin: leave the parts on the build head and bake the entire build head
- ETEC: remove parts from the build head and use double-sided Kapton tape to adhere to a 3-5mm thick glass substrate
Exploratory Post-Curing Processes
- polySpectra waveCure (microwave)