The most important pre-print step is to warm the resin to ensure that is is a homogeneous solution before printing.
Validated COR Thawing Protocol:
- Place fully-sealed aluminum bottle in a 40 °C water bath, with enough water to cover the bottle above the label, up to the taper.
- (Optional) it can be convenient and quick to use a sonicating bath for this purpose.
- Every 20 minutes, shake the sealed bottle vigorously.
- At 60 minutes, remove the bottle from the water bath and shake vigorously.
- To ensure that the resin is completely thawed to a homogeneous solution, pour a small amount of COR into a clear secondary container, such as a clean glass vial.
- If any solid specks or chunks are observed, place back in the warm water bath. Shake and re-test at 20 minute intervals until completely thawed.